Tuesday, October 17, 2006

From Chengdu we took the bus to Guilin. The bus. It was supposed to be a 24hour ride, it was a sleeper bus. We left Chengdu at 2pm. The next day at around the same time my I started to feel not so good... Actually I felt really bad.. More and more after a while. The bus didnt get to Guilin, in fact we were 5 hours late. But those 5 hours were not the nicest ones I ever had - probably I ate something wrong, I started puking (in the bus) and I wont go into much more details now. It was just bad.. But Franzi and an Israeli girl were just so sweet and were helping me so much. The Chinese people in the bus were laughing, one of them gave me some pills, some were collecting bags which was nice.
When we got to Guilin we decided to stay for a night cause I just couldnt really move (we were planning to go straight to Yangshuo). The next day I slept and felt a little bit better at night. The day after that I felt pretty good actually. But Franzi took over- now it was her turn. It was totally the same, she puked for a day, another night in Guilin (Though Guilin is quite beautiful, there are many of these peaks anywhere and everywhere in the citycentre, but we prefered the bed). But then we finally got in the bus to Yangshuo. That was a 1.5 hr ride and we were alright.
We went to a hostel that is actually right next to the one where we made a reservation - but after not showing up for 3 days (or were those 4?) we decided to go to a different one.
Franzi had to rest for some more time. Yangshuo is sooo touristy but the landscape is just beautiful. We rent some bikes, Franzi wasnt feeling well enough so I went with 2 Argentinians. We first just went along a big street but later we passed little villages, rice fields and beautiful landscapes.

Unfortunately it started raining while we were cycling but it gave me the feeling of rainforest-villages and it was a good cool down.. Gotta let you know how warm it is here, people back home.. Sitting here in a skirt and flip flops..
Yesterday we just walked around Yangshuo and were so lazy.. Oooh and these massages here.. I had one the last three days.. Oh, the next weeks are going to be hard, without massages.. I think today I'll get one for my feet :)
I love the nights here, we met so many great people and its just fun to be with them.
Tomorrow morning we will take the bus to Nanning and get back to serious life- we will have to get the visa for Vietnam. Getting away from all the western food that is here, finally.
We found an organic farm in Laos where we will hopefully work at when we are there!
Thats it for now................. Enjoy life!

No comments: