Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Everyoooooooooone...
Lets get started again.
We left Beijing On Oct 2nd to go Xi'an. I didnt expect this city to be that nice.. But first let me tell you something about our last few days in Beijing..
On Sunday, Oct 1st, we first walked down to the Tiananmen Square where there were thousands of people.. Oct 1st is the Chinese National Day and all of China is moving. They get off work from Oct 1st until Oct 7th and everyone keeps telling that this is the worst time for travelling. Well, we are ok so far. At that square people came up to us and asked us for a picture. We were like.. Uhm, ok.. Then there were more people coming up... A lady gave me her child and took a photo.. Crazy, We were asked like 20 times just for a picture... I really got annoyed after a while. Well.
At night we went to the Beijing Acrobatic Show. Its been so great. I loooved it so much, everything was perfect. I couldnt find really good pictures of it but I'll put up some anyway.


On Monday we went to the Forbidden City. It was impressive and huge but soo touristy that I didnt like it that much. I mean I liked it but.. There were just too many people. The garden was really beautiful there, with lots of these old old trees and old, beautiful buildings.


Mao..

At night we took the train to Xi'an, and as we didnt want to spend so much money we took hard seats. Never again. Sitting very close with 6 people without any space for 13 hours... I could hardly sleep for 2 hours, I wondered how Franzi could sleep almost all of the 13 hours.
We got here early in the morning and went to the hostel, its a little outside the city centre but thats ok. We walked to the Bell and Drum tower, passing the Muslim quarter. I liked it so much there. We had great food for 3Yuan (30 ct) and all this good food, the market, EVERYTHING.


Now we need to get some food again. Yummie!!!

No comments: