Thursday, September 21, 2006

Prospect Mira.
Got back from St Petersburg today in the morning, took the night train to Moskva.
Stayed in St Petersburg for one night at Yuras house, also a guy from hospitality club. He was great, it was fun to be around him. We went to the Ermitage (or however it is spelled) which is supposed to be the biggest museum in the world with more than 1000 rooms. Its been really huge and I liked lots of stuff.. I discovered my love towards sculptures and barock paintings. Oha.
At night some of his friends came to his house and tried to talk in Russian with us. Nastarovje. I cant believe it, we've been here now for more than a week and did not drink any Wodka at all so far! Just beer. Sibirian crown. Thats nice.
Franzi is feeling a little sick, that sucks. But nothing to worry about, she will be fine. Tomorrow we will take the transsib train and have some time to chill there. SEVEN DAYS. I cant imagine how its gonna be.
Before we went to St Petersburg we stayed with Helen, such a lovely girl. Her family was so nice and so was she. Together with her friend, Dima, we went to a concert of a Fusion Art band. The next day we went to another huge museum (also supposed to be the biggest on the world), also with Dima and his friend, Dima. Franzi and I were so happy, we found the perfect Dates! Franzi i Franzi i Dima i Dima. I Helen. :)
Later we went to some cafe-restaurant with them where we had some good food (Franzi didnt like it so I got to eat hers) and good beer. Twa something biva. We learnt to order in Russian.
Monday we just went downtown Moskva and chilled at the Kreml. And in an Internet cafe. As you might have noticed. Took the train to St Petersburg at 1 am. It was cool but if I imagine to stay in a train like that for one week... Oh well we will see. I got my book with more than 700 pages. Dostojewski, St Petersburg flair.
Later today we will go to some former Soviet square something.
So far I really like Russia. People seem to be really rude and unpolite, they never say sorry, excuse me, thanks, hello or goodbye (I'm talking about people you see on the streets, not the ones we stayed at). But if you ask them something they really try to help you. Not with a smile or any friendly expression on their face but they dont care about difficulties.
So many people here drink beer, everywhere, anytime.
The people we stayed at.. Oh I cant believe how friendly everyone was. Anna took us to the station to buy the train tickets, helped us and told us about where to go and where not to, what to buy and what not, she was such a sweetheart. Helen, the 2nd girl we stayed at, was also great. We spent quite a lot of time with her which was great. She cared about us and I really hope that we will stay friends. I already wrote something about Yura, the guy in St Petersburg we stayed at. He was so cool too, being with him and his friends.. Alex, where we stay at right now, seems to be really nice aswell... His flat is also really cool, especially the bathroom! Maybe I get to take a picture of it!
I will try to put up some real pictures once we get more time in an internetcafe.
Everyone, hope everything is fine in Germany and wherever you are.
Enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: